- February 12 First Friday Club of Cleveland hears updates on diocese from Bishop Malesic
- December 5 First Friday Club of Cleveland hears how Christ is working in Elvis Grbac’s life One thing is front and center in Elvis Grbac’s life: Christ.The former NFL and Super Bowl-winning quarterback shared with the First Friday Club of Cleveland on Dec. 5 how his faith has molded him. Faith and family are his priorities, Grbac said — and faith is definitely first.
- October 3 Lannie Davis Frecker shares ministry of Julie Billiart Schools with First Friday Club of Cleveland “Julie Billiart Schools were built out of need for all God’s children to find a path to success,” said Lannie Davis Frecker, president and CEO of Julie Billiart Schools. “The mission to serve children with special needs who are underserved elsewhere remains strong,” she added.
- August 29 First Friday Club of Cleveland hears about the tragedy and hope of human trafficking Human trafficking is a very real problem around the world and in our own city, said Notre Dame Sister Cecelia Liberatore when she addressed the First Friday Club of Cleveland on Aug. 29 at The City Club in downtown Cleveland. The topic of her presentation was “Human Trafficking: Human Tragedy, Human Hope.”
- August 1 Father Bryan Norton shares priesthood journey with the First Friday Club of Cleveland The priesthood wasn’t even on the radar for young Bryan Norton while he was a student at St. Michael School in Independence and St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland. But things were taking place that later would lead him on a path to the Society of Jesus and eventual ordination as a Jesuit priest.
- April 4 Talking Tribe with Bob DiBiasio at the First Friday Club of Cleveland With the start of the Major League Baseball season this week, it was fitting that the First Friday Club of Cleveland welcomed Bob DiBiasio, Cleveland Indians senior vice president of public affairs, at its April 4 meeting at The City Club of Cleveland.
- February 28 John Carroll University President shares ‘inspired leadership’ philosophy with First Friday Club of Cleveland Michael Johnson, who became the 25th president of John Carroll University last June, shared the story of his journey from a small North Dakota town to the head of the Jesuit University in Cleveland.
- February 7 Brooke Taylor shares her faith journey with First Friday Club of Cleveland Life was good for Brooke Taylor – she had a job she enjoyed, friends and loving husband. But there still was a void in her life until she rediscovered her faith. “The world needs to be in love with the Lord and we need to share that,” she said.
- January 3 St. Ignatius High School football, soccer coaches share thoughts on ‘Coaching the Faith’ at First Friday Club of Cleveland Two championship coaches at St. Ignatius High School addressed the First Friday Club of Cleveland at its Jan. 3 meeting at The City Club. Chuck “Chico” Kyle, head football and track and field coach, and Mike McLaughlin, head soccer coach, spoke about “Coaching the Faith.”
- November 29 First Friday Club of Cleveland ‘encounters’ Bishop Nelson Perez A sold-out crowd “encountered” Bishop Nelson Perez at the Nov. 29 First Friday Club of Cleveland lunch program
- November 1 CARA Data gives First Friday Club of Cleveland snapshot of Catholics in America Catholics in America are on the move, with their numbers more equally distributed across the country than in 1950, when most lived in the Northeast and Midwest. They also account for about one-fourth of the population in the United States and have the highest retention rate among the large religions.
- October 4 Panel Shares Information on Opioid Crisis at First Friday Club of Cleveland Attendees at the First Friday Club of Cleveland program on Oct. 4 heard a discussion of the opioid abuse epidemic from a variety of perspectives and learned that substance abuse remains a major issue locally and beyond.
- September 6 Cleveland Central Catholic High School is a gem in Cleveland’s inner city Hundreds of people interested in the future of Catholic education in Northeast Ohio attended a talk by Leo P. Hyland, president of Cleveland Central Catholic High School, on Sept. 6 at the monthly meeting of the First Friday Club of Cleveland.
- August 2 – Executives discuss faith and the workplace at the First Friday Club of Cleveland A trio of successful Catholic businessmen shared insights on their faith and the role it plays in their personal and professional lives at the Aug. 2 First Friday Club of Cleveland lunch program at The City Club.
- July 2 – A reflection of kitchen table faith by Fathers Dave, Mike and Tom Woost at the First Friday Club of Cleveland
The table for lunch at the First Friday Club of Cleveland was set for approximately 150 guests at The City Club on June 27. Leading the conversation were Fathers Michael, David and Thomas Woost with their presentation of Kitchen Table Faith: Family, Vocation and Pope Francis’ Holiness Challenge.
- May 3 – Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus topic of First Friday Club talk
A full-house audience at the May 3 meeting of the First Friday Club of Cleveland heard St. Ignatius High School President Father Ray Guiao, S.J., offer his reflections on one of the Catholic Church’s most enduring devotions, that of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- April 5 – First Friday Club of Cleveland attendees ‘encounter’ Shroud of Turin
If there was no resurrection and our teaching is not true, then we should go home, Sister Maximilian Marie Garretson, OP told attendees at the April 5 First Friday Club of Cleveland lunch program.
- March 1 – Deacon Dave Kushner discusses permanent diaconate at First Friday Club of Cleveland
“Deacons bring the Church to the poor and the poor to the Church,” Deacon Dave Kushner told the First Friday Club of Cleveland at its March 1 lunch meeting at The City Club in downtown Cleveland. His presentation, “Honoring Our Deacons,” coincided with the 50th anniversary of the permanent diaconate in the United States.